Friday, April 5, 2013

TED Talk

Overall Grade: 26/30

To say the least, the TED talk was nerve-wracking. Coming into the presentation, I felt fairly confident because I had completely memorized and refined my speech and visuals. On the other hand, being tat my presentation was one of the last ones, I was intimidated by how amazing some of the previous presentations had been. Anyway, I was a a very in-between place mentally before this TED talk, and the fact that the clicker wouldn't work with my presentation ruined my confidence and serenity somewhat.

Now on to the actual critiquing of the presentation. I had a clean, not very complicated or flashy Prezi which I felt got my point across and didn't lead my presentation. I felt that I mostly drove the presentation, but at some points the slides may have been the focal point; but I did not look over at them too much so they weren't the center of the presentation. The inspiration was okay, but I drove more than one message, which somewhat clashed with each other. Like body language is incredibly important, your actions do dictate who you are, and also to learn the valuable skill of sign language.

The process was definitely shown with the pictures of each individual section that I focused on during the course of the project. I also incorporated the difficulties and thoughts that I had during the process, which gave a better perspective on how smoothly the 7 weeks went. Also, the product was shown fairly well with the live signing incorporated into the middle of the speech, even though I messed up the first time. As I said before, I think the multiple purposes were shown quite clearly and the audience will take away many things about communication, body language, and sign language.

Organization: The hook was not the best, but not the worst hook. I believe that I made the audience think and I got them involved as well as making them laugh at the end of my hook. The transitions weren't awkward, but the speech may have been somewhat run-on and I could have taken a break to add an obvious transition. The order was logical, and the ending was effective because I brought the topic back to the application, the world, and the audience and made my point clear.

Delivery: Overall, it could have been better. I felt like I may have rushed the speech a little and sounded  nervous. On the other hand, I think I was very enthusiastic about my topic and about the application into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment